With a seven-year track-record of delivering both considered thought leadership and practical peer learning, the Summit gives delegates access to knowledge and partnerships that will enhance safety cultures and enable safer travel.
New for 2018
- Safety exhibition and experience zone – See first-hand how technologies are enhancing the ability of safety professionals to deliver programmes and communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Focus on impact – see how world leading airlines like Emirates are capitalising on safety management systems
- Centre of Excellence programme – be part of the UAE’s drive to be a Centre of Excellence in safety and support the development of programmes regionally and internationally
- Accredited Workshops and Masterclasses – gain professional development points and ensure your CV and personal expertise on the most significant safety trends are enhanced
In 2018 this summer to move to new dates in December to better accommodate the international calendar and allow a wider spectrum of international safety professionals to attend.
Regional Focus Groups
Building on relationships with Africa and South Asian airlines, airports and regulators, the summit will include regional focus groups to explore the unique challenges these markets face and our international organisations, airlines and standard bodies can support the ongoing enhancement of FlightSafety in expanding markets.
Enhanced Advisory Board Process
The longer lead time afforded by the new dates will allow for a more in-depth advisory board process. Meetings will be supported by an online survey and individual interviews with advisory board members.
Ongoing Impact Assessment
In 2018 delegates will be tasked with demonstrating that their attendance at the summit has an impact on safety performance in organisations. The select group of delegates will be asked to track the initiatives they implement after attending the summit, in order to be able to report back of the 2019 edition and demonstrate the impact of the World Aviation Safety Summit initiative.
In 2018 the summit will include streamed of sessions for the first time, enabling delegates to focus on the most relevant issues facing them within their organisations.
Social Media Emphasis
The summit will produce content that is easy to consume and will be high impact over social media channels. We will focus on reaching out to new demographics through channels like Instagram.
Exhibitor Delegate Engagement
A comprehensive program of engagement opportunities for delegates and exhibitors will be developed including speed networking, tech forums and hosting meetings. We will focus on expanding the exhibition component at the summit to build energy and buzz.
The workshop lead format will enable a collaborative approach, allowing delegates to bring in their personal challenges and brainstorm solutions with peers that can be swiftly implemented.
Key workshop topics include
- Holly copter landing pad safety
- Safety culture and performance
- Azide safety and ground handling
- Safety metrics
- RPAS safety